Any set of awesome arrows needs an equally excellent quiver. I decided to be Katniss Everdeen for Halloween this year, but most of the accessories I need to pull off the look aren’t carried in your normal costume store. That’s why I took the DIY route for the majority of my costume. Here’s how I made the quiver.
1 piece of poster paper in any color
1 roll of tape
1 three yd package of ribbon (It works best if you use something at least 1” thick)
1. To start, measure the length of your arrows. You need about 6-8 inches from the top for them to stick out so you can see the ribbon and the feathers. Cut your paper to size.
2. Gently roll your paper into a perfect circle and tape the ends. Put extra tape along the openings and the top and bottom too for security.
3. Get your ribbon and measure four lengths: one length of the paper the long way to cover your tape, two strips to go all the way around the quiver on the top and bottom and one length for the strap. I made my strap 10 inches longer than the first strip for the length of the quiver.
4. Tape your long strip down first. Then, wrap your top and bottom ribbons on top of it to cover the tape. Put a piece of tape on the underside of the ribbon, as shown at left, to make sure all your tape is hidden. Then, place your strap at the location of the seams of your top and bottom ribbon. Staple in place in line with the dark part of your ribbon. That will make your staple less visible. Put it over your shoulder to test the strength of the strap. If it feels weak, add another staple.
5. Now you need to put a bottom in your quiver. For this step, I used a gallon side ziploc bag and taped it into the interior. (Too dark inside my quiver to get a good picture, sorry!)
Put your arrows inside and enjoy!
Want more Katniss Everdeen Halloween tutorials?