I’ve really been making a concerted effort to improve my DIY project posts and I think this is my best post yet. Here’s a quick 30 minute weekend project that will up your style for less than $5.
I love blazers. The problem is that I tend to love really expensive blazers. One of my signatures styling choices is the roll up the sleeves on my blazers so that the lining shows, which is great except when there is no lining or there’s really cheap lining on your blazer. I started thinking… how could I get that look while being able to execute it myself? Well, this upgraded blazer sleeve tutorial should do the trick.
I bought this blazer in black and cargo at Target yesterday for $7.24 each on the clearance rack, so that might be a good place for you to start if you need a blazer. I suggest you use a cotton or cotton blend blazer, because the Stitch Witchery bonds best with cotton fabrics.
For my tutorial, I used Michael Miller’s Knitty Gritty Skull Damask on the black blazer and Amy Butler’s Midwest Modern II Park Fountains Mustard on the cargo blazer.
1/4 yard cotton fabric
Sewing Machine (Old fashioned thread and needle would work too)
Total cost of this project: For me = $7.24 each (I had all the other supplies!)… Based on your blazer + supplies will be your total cost.